Skip to main content

MY PSALM OF PRAISE


IN HUMBLE ADORATION
I ascribe, to the God of spirit and flesh and everything that exists in between both realms
I ascribe all praises and honor
For He is the one who loved me exceedingly even while I yet wallowed in the mire of filthy slime
Who rescued my soul from the tyranny of sin and satan
He sanctified me with spiritual hyssop - His own blood, His very life
Who removed the veil giving me a warped vision that I was living in freedom even when I was entangled in the shackles of the hater
He broke the chains and made me free indeed; He anointed my eyes with eye salve so that the scales were removed and I could behold His glory

Oh, I did not deserve it an inch
Oh, I loathe myself for the times I hurt Him and ignored Him when He stretched out His hands to me
I remember when He tried holding me and I cruelly shoved Him off, when He called my name and I intentionally blocked my ears, when He stood out the door of my heart in the cold of winter and heat of the desert and patiently knocked while I was inside too lazy to open the door to the one who loved me so much
He did not leave; He never has and never will
Lord I give you the award of the most intense and unfailing lover in the whole universe
Now at last I see the light and I live freely in your righteousness
You have placed in me the same burning desire of intimacy with you and I cannot stop longing for more of you

My enemies all around me are discomfited
The accuser is silenced forever
Your mighty doings on my behalf make me marvel
Sometimes I wonder if I have foes cos you make them insignificant
You are my savior, my strong redeemer, my Amen, my closest friend and confidant, my glory and the raiser of my horn as the Unicorn's, my light, my song, my everything
Men may not fathom why, but I know of a certainty that you are my all in all
Hosanna to Him who lives and reigns forever
Blessed are the hearts of all them that chase after you even in this perilous, dark world.

Comments

  1. Wonderful rendition. Sing Psalms unto the Lord for this is His due.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing psalms unto the Lord is the best. It's almost like composing song lyrics. It would even be better for the lines to rhyme poetically. Nice psalm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey buddy, tap here to comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Fiction Book Review: Teleporter

Hello, dear friend!  I come again bringing good tidings. I'm so excited to bring today's book to you, because OMG, it's so epic. This is a must-read for everyone, I tell you.  TITLE Teleporter A glimpse of the title alone will pique your curiosity.  According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, Teleportation is in fiction: instantaneous travel between two locations without crossing the intervening space Teleporter gives off vibes that will intrigue anybody. Of course, if you are quite familiar with European superhero movies and comics like Superman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman, then the concept of teleporting won't be strange to you.  However, it's rare to see a Nigerian story that includes mystical or science fiction concepts as this book did.  Before we move further, I'd like to invite the author herself in person of Muna Fausta to share with us her experience of why and how she wrote Teleporter. Over to you, Muna: ••• WHAT INSPIRED TELEPORTER? So I

APRIL'S FOOL! NOT SO COOL...

Hey pal! What's up? And how have you been doing? Seriously, I know this blog has been so dry for a while now.  How ironic when I think back on how my new year resolution included me being consistent with blogging and sharing real life applications with my fans and friends.  Well, I guess that's the whole bane of resolutions. Use them for the first month, and then dump them into the basement of your life. Urgh! But no, sweet HS* won't let me rest. He's been nagging at me for a while now to write.  Even as I type out this blogpost, my phone's battery is low, and it's the witching hour (midnight, in case you're wondering). But I know He who gave me this assignment will help me. Amen. Oh, by the way, Happy New Month! April's fool mood in the air? Have you already been pranked? Have you pranked someone?  Hmmm... Is it even biblical to prank someone as a child of God? Think twice.  I'm guilty too, I'll admit.  I vividly recall how, years ag

CHRISTIAN BIBLE ROMANCE SHORT STORY: COMPLETELY MINE

COMPLETELY MINE   That night, Hosea wasn't expecting a visitation, not after what he had carnally feasted his eyes on during the day.  It had been gruesome, disgusting even, but he still watched, especially at the most alluring object of the whole scene, until the mounting pressure in his chest grew too much for him to contain.  When had Israel strayed so far? Had things degraded to this hopeless state? Where was the God of the stories of the holy prophets and priests of old? He saw young ladies, who should have been modestly covered, gyrating wildly as though possessed by vile demons from Sheol.  His eyes had been especially fixed on a particular specimen. Her gait was a bit familiar, like a distant memory.  Her movements were the most sensuous, her meagre clothing the most cobwebby. Her eyes and gestures were bold. She shook her hips to the rhythm of the fanfare.  It was obvious she was a temple prostitute for the heathen goddess, Asherah, who was being celebrated thr