Skip to main content

Lost But Found

 

Luke 15:8-10 (KJV) Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.

I could quite relate with this parable. It all started when the government announced that every citizen of Nigeria should connect their National Identity Number (NIN) to their sim cards. 

Well, in compliance everyone in my family did so. Everyone except my Dad. We couldn't find his NIN card anywhere. And oh, how we searched! I personally looked through every single dusty file that was in our home. We checked every conceivable place, the library, every room in the house, the church, the shop. We could as well have searched underneath the beds, on top of the roof and inside the sewer.

Panic began to set in because there was a given deadline. After going to the very distant NIMC office to see if he could retrieve it, and meeting with a long queue and no network for the computers, my Dad resigned to fate and decided to lay it all into the hands of Jesus. 

On Sunday, a trusted minister who was a banker came and handed over Dad's NIMC card to him. Apparently, Dad had used it for an important transaction and had forgotten it in the hands of this man. You should have been there to see how our entire family was jumping around the church and shouting Hallelujah! It was as if we had been all been told that one million naira was found on our house's doorstep. I'm sure some church members must have been thinking us crazy or something. 

So, I can relate well with this woman in the parable of the lost coin that Jesus told.

That single lost coin here stands for the soul of a sinner. By all legitimate rights, the coin belongs to the woman. She owns the coin. But the coin got lost; most probably it rolled from off the table and got hid in a dark corner.

So also, God is the owner and creator of all souls. He had placed us in the perfect spot: the garden of Eden, to be his priced possession. But, quite unfortunately, we rolled out of his safe zone in a quest for the illusion of 'freedom' and 'infinite wisdom'. We were coaxed by the lies of the deceiver.

Hallelujah! The Lord our Redeemer never stopped searching for us. He deviced the perfect search and restore plan through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. Can you fathom the way God values, cherishes and loves mankind, you and I inclusive? So much that he was willing to die in our stead. Surely we are worth much more before Him than a measly coin. We are worth more than a thousand rubies and more than a million gold bars.

And here's the best part! Did you know that the whole host of heaven's angels rejoice and celebrate when one soul is found? Can you imagine the unspeakable joy and euphoria that the Angels, Living Creatures and twenty four elders find when just a single soul is saved. They are just reflecting the immense joy of the Redeemer. 

So here's the quiz: what class do you fall into, the lost or the found?

If you are found already, praise the Lord! I must however tell you that you are among the nine coins the woman had secured in her purse. Please and please, don't scramble out to be lost again. And also, seek the delight of your Redeemer. Seek the Lost. Join the Lord in His searching and rescue mission. He is more pleased with fruitful and multiplying coins than with dormant ones.

If you know you are lost, that's a good first step. Admitting that you are lost shows that you desire to be found. Know this, Jesus loves you. He doesn't want you lost in the wave of darkness and despair. He is calling out to you. If only you can respond to his call and reach out your hand to him, he will pull you out of that pit of bondage.

Say this prayer from your heart: Lord Jesus, I come to you today. I am tired of playing hide and seek. I come out of the darkness into your light to be found of you. Oh please save me! I believe in you, Son of the Most High God, that you died to save me and you rose again on the third day. Wash me in your precious blood. Thank you for finding me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

If you sincerely said that prayer, welcome to the family of God. The angels are throwing a big heavenly party and festival because of you right now. Yes, you!

This is the first step. There's a lot more in Christ. Get closer to Him by praying, reading the Bible and fellowshipping in a true Church. I hope to see you in heaven. Leave a comment of your testimony. Share this post and bless another soul. Subscribe to get more updates on this blog. God bless you mightily.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Fiction Book Review: Teleporter

Hello, dear friend!  I come again bringing good tidings. I'm so excited to bring today's book to you, because OMG, it's so epic. This is a must-read for everyone, I tell you.  TITLE Teleporter A glimpse of the title alone will pique your curiosity.  According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, Teleportation is in fiction: instantaneous travel between two locations without crossing the intervening space Teleporter gives off vibes that will intrigue anybody. Of course, if you are quite familiar with European superhero movies and comics like Superman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman, then the concept of teleporting won't be strange to you.  However, it's rare to see a Nigerian story that includes mystical or science fiction concepts as this book did.  Before we move further, I'd like to invite the author herself in person of Muna Fausta to share with us her experience of why and how she wrote Teleporter. Over to you, Muna: ••• WHAT INSPIRED TELEPORTER? So I

APRIL'S FOOL! NOT SO COOL...

Hey pal! What's up? And how have you been doing? Seriously, I know this blog has been so dry for a while now.  How ironic when I think back on how my new year resolution included me being consistent with blogging and sharing real life applications with my fans and friends.  Well, I guess that's the whole bane of resolutions. Use them for the first month, and then dump them into the basement of your life. Urgh! But no, sweet HS* won't let me rest. He's been nagging at me for a while now to write.  Even as I type out this blogpost, my phone's battery is low, and it's the witching hour (midnight, in case you're wondering). But I know He who gave me this assignment will help me. Amen. Oh, by the way, Happy New Month! April's fool mood in the air? Have you already been pranked? Have you pranked someone?  Hmmm... Is it even biblical to prank someone as a child of God? Think twice.  I'm guilty too, I'll admit.  I vividly recall how, years ag

CHRISTIAN BIBLE ROMANCE SHORT STORY: COMPLETELY MINE

COMPLETELY MINE   That night, Hosea wasn't expecting a visitation, not after what he had carnally feasted his eyes on during the day.  It had been gruesome, disgusting even, but he still watched, especially at the most alluring object of the whole scene, until the mounting pressure in his chest grew too much for him to contain.  When had Israel strayed so far? Had things degraded to this hopeless state? Where was the God of the stories of the holy prophets and priests of old? He saw young ladies, who should have been modestly covered, gyrating wildly as though possessed by vile demons from Sheol.  His eyes had been especially fixed on a particular specimen. Her gait was a bit familiar, like a distant memory.  Her movements were the most sensuous, her meagre clothing the most cobwebby. Her eyes and gestures were bold. She shook her hips to the rhythm of the fanfare.  It was obvious she was a temple prostitute for the heathen goddess, Asherah, who was being celebrated thr