Skip to main content

Virtual Reality: What Really Happened On Good Friday

GOOD FRIDAY SPECIAL

PART ONE 
We're going to play a game. Something akin to Virtual Reality games. 

Imagine for a second that you aren't you (insert your name). 
For the next few minutes, as you read this post, you are playing the role of Jesus Christ. But you'll have your own will and mind and an ability to do anything you want. 
Cool, right? Well, we'll see about that...

This time, you aren't performing yet another tantalizing miracle. You aren't on a mountain teaching a bunch of eager listeners who hang on to your every word as if their lives depend on it. 
You are facing the reality of what has been predestinated by God all because of man's error—Your ridiculous, humiliating, gruesome death.

Who will bell the cat?

I'll take the lead.
Now, I wear the Jesus-suit. I'm no more PeculiarPraise. I'm now Jesus. 

PS: I'll be very real and sincere here. So some of you overly righteous people may say the way I'll react might be carnal, but the truth is that most of you are no different. I'm going to react to everything Jesus passed through as if I'm an average human being.

The number one thing I'd do would be to spank and sack all those my lazy disciples. 
As in...
Imagine how all of them just snore and nod their heads off while I'm wrestling with my Father in great pain? 
And what's more appalling? They all scatter in fear when those hefty soldiers come. Tsk, cowards!

First, it's that Judas Iscariot, who comes alluringly, stupid enough to think that I don't know what he is doing. I mean, who betrays his master with a kiss? Eeeewww! *Wipes off the gross lip mark and saliva from my holy cheek*

Second, it's Peter, who I warned but is too proud and stubborn and self confident. His denial doesn't surprise me. But at least, he repents in the end cos I prayed for Him. 
Ha! You owe me one, Peter. 

Then, those guards who dare lay their rough hands on me. I'll command my angels to shrivel up their hands and turn them dumb. Let's see then how they'll get the strength to strike me or mock me or spit on me. 

And those cunning hypocritical Pharisees and Sadducees that pioneered all of this will really get it from me. Maybe I should first shave their long beards and expose all the rottenness that's hidden beneath their long robes. 

Then, I'll do the epic showdown. Legions of angels pouring from the skies with swords. Ayaaaa!!!
And my kingdom is established. And I prove a point that I am the only begotten Son of God, the King of the Universe and no one can take me for granted. 
.
.
.
And... 
And I'd have successfully ruined all of God's grand plan. 
*Sniffs*


Seriously, nobody could endure what Jesus passed through. I mean, take a look:

Isaiah 53:3-12 (KJV) 
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

So when you think about Good Friday, remember that our Redeemer really really tried. He pushed past the limits, and even though it wasn't easy, yet it was worth it. 

And besides, y'all should thank your stars that I wasn't Jesus. The world would have been doomed! Ha ha ha!

Thank you, Jesus Christ!

PART TWO

Have you ever sat down to think of all the strange things that happened all in the event of Jesus' arrest, trial and burial? Well, I have. 
Coming up with a list made it all so clear that the death of our Saviour shook Heaven and Earth and Hades. 

•Jesus sweats blood at Gethsemane and chooses God's will by drinking the cup of God's wrath. Angels ministered to Him at the darkest hour of His life.

•He performs His last miracle at Gethsemane by healing the ear of Malchus which our zealous brother Peter had sliced off. 

•The cock crow drama. 
*Coughs dramatically* Peter, Peter, pants on fire.

•The nightmares of Pilate's wife. I wonder what she saw. Poor woman. 

•Mr Judas finally realises his mistake and made the wrong error of committing suicide instead of repenting. Sad ending for the unfortunate villain tool.

•The longest eclipse history has ever seen. Three hours of power outage for the sun, most likely all over the globe. I'm like, whaaaaaattttt!

•The rending of the super thick and super long veil that separates the Holies of Holies where the ark of covenant resides from the Holy place. Must have been a really loud deal. Must have caused a ruckus at the temple.

•The massive earthquake whose epicenter was no other place than Golgotha (meaning 'The Skull'. Creepy, right?), the very place where Jesus' cross stood. 
Rocks were split from the intensity of that seismic wave. 

•Graves opened and dead men rose. Yup! This happened for real. It's in the Bible. 

•Blood and water issued from his side when that soldier pierced him. Let's no go into the science of this. It'll lead to another epistle.

•Every single dot of prophecy about the death of the Messiah was fulfilled.

Today is a day to be sober and to gaze on the King who died a painful, horrible, humiliating death in our place on the cross. It's a day of great spiritual significance. It is the day of the Lord.

Quick question: Have you ever wondered, like I have, what Jesus did while he was in the grave?

On Easter Sunday, I'll go into the supernatural events that occurred during and after the resurrection of Jesus. And I'll be debunking some myths by the help of my HS. So, watch out for that blog post. 

Thanks for stopping by to read this rant of a small girl. I'm honoured. Jesus is happy.

See ya soon, fellas.  

Comments

  1. Happy Easter to you too❤️
    Can't wait for Sunday 🔥

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey buddy, tap here to comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian Fiction Book Review: Teleporter

Hello, dear friend!  I come again bringing good tidings. I'm so excited to bring today's book to you, because OMG, it's so epic. This is a must-read for everyone, I tell you.  TITLE Teleporter A glimpse of the title alone will pique your curiosity.  According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, Teleportation is in fiction: instantaneous travel between two locations without crossing the intervening space Teleporter gives off vibes that will intrigue anybody. Of course, if you are quite familiar with European superhero movies and comics like Superman, The Flash, and Wonder Woman, then the concept of teleporting won't be strange to you.  However, it's rare to see a Nigerian story that includes mystical or science fiction concepts as this book did.  Before we move further, I'd like to invite the author herself in person of Muna Fausta to share with us her experience of why and how she wrote Teleporter. Over to you, Muna: ••• WHAT INSPIRED TELEPORTER? So I

APRIL'S FOOL! NOT SO COOL...

Hey pal! What's up? And how have you been doing? Seriously, I know this blog has been so dry for a while now.  How ironic when I think back on how my new year resolution included me being consistent with blogging and sharing real life applications with my fans and friends.  Well, I guess that's the whole bane of resolutions. Use them for the first month, and then dump them into the basement of your life. Urgh! But no, sweet HS* won't let me rest. He's been nagging at me for a while now to write.  Even as I type out this blogpost, my phone's battery is low, and it's the witching hour (midnight, in case you're wondering). But I know He who gave me this assignment will help me. Amen. Oh, by the way, Happy New Month! April's fool mood in the air? Have you already been pranked? Have you pranked someone?  Hmmm... Is it even biblical to prank someone as a child of God? Think twice.  I'm guilty too, I'll admit.  I vividly recall how, years ag

CHRISTIAN BIBLE ROMANCE SHORT STORY: COMPLETELY MINE

COMPLETELY MINE   That night, Hosea wasn't expecting a visitation, not after what he had carnally feasted his eyes on during the day.  It had been gruesome, disgusting even, but he still watched, especially at the most alluring object of the whole scene, until the mounting pressure in his chest grew too much for him to contain.  When had Israel strayed so far? Had things degraded to this hopeless state? Where was the God of the stories of the holy prophets and priests of old? He saw young ladies, who should have been modestly covered, gyrating wildly as though possessed by vile demons from Sheol.  His eyes had been especially fixed on a particular specimen. Her gait was a bit familiar, like a distant memory.  Her movements were the most sensuous, her meagre clothing the most cobwebby. Her eyes and gestures were bold. She shook her hips to the rhythm of the fanfare.  It was obvious she was a temple prostitute for the heathen goddess, Asherah, who was being celebrated thr